Sunday, August 11, 2013

Forever Afternoon

Forever Afternoon She wore her pigtails high on her head And tightly wrapped with green ribbon. He wore his jeans rolled up. Both barefoot and hand in hand raced the banks of the river. Their laughter swept through the tall pines And their giggles came effortlessly. Young and unknowing, yet they liked each other but didn't stop to think why. The sun bare down on their shoulders They stopped to rest in a cool grassy spot They sat looking at one another while the river serenaded them They both sighed They both wanted time to stop And keep this day forever . Faint voice of the girl's mother intruded Guess this will have to be a memory. They ran together hand in hand homeward .

No comments:

Welcome

I would like to welcome all who visit me.


I am who I think I am
Not all you think you see
I am captain of my soul
Treading in the sea.

Robert A Meacham

Followers

Powered By Blogger

Home in Texas

Home in Texas

About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
Creative writing has always been a passion with me. I currently write short stories for the amazon shorts program and have two projects in the works, mystery novels. My family is my inspiration.