Friday, January 1, 2010

Death Stalks

Death Stalks Me
By
Robert Austin Meacham

The old man sat motionless in his rocker. His gnarled fingers and stilted legs prevents the old man from moving, except for the slight motion of the rocker as his head drops toward his lap. Sitting wide on grimacing face, his pale blue eyes glared at the chamber floor with the perception of his haunting. With cunning speed, a thick darkness shrieked the echo that stalked him. Even in mortal terror, the old man could only groan. As the night waned, he summoned the acuteness of his senses he would need to confront death’s coming. Swiftly, his head snapped back and the cold wind of death rushed through his eyes, piercing them and shattering them into thousand pieces. He panicked at the end and his thoughts grayed before they extinguished all together.

Come Visit Me

Come visit me in the cold depths
Where darkness is my bed
Come visit me where sounds are still
And silence fills my head.

Come visit me where chained I'm slave
a prisoner forced to lie.
Come visit me in this lonely grave
resting here to die.

No comments:

Welcome

I would like to welcome all who visit me.


I am who I think I am
Not all you think you see
I am captain of my soul
Treading in the sea.

Robert A Meacham

Followers

Powered By Blogger

Home in Texas

Home in Texas

About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
Creative writing has always been a passion with me. I currently write short stories for the amazon shorts program and have two projects in the works, mystery novels. My family is my inspiration.