Friday, January 22, 2010

A Summer Lost

I sat amongst the earth’s garniture
in a sober sadness.
Once green, laden across her breast;
now coated with ash-crimsoned vest,
summer has left her vale of tears.
I know her heart is without stain
and she reminds me of warmer days
when summer vine in her beauty clings
to the mellow blush of day.
Like passions springing from the dust,
they fade and die.
Under the swaying barren boughs
are tears and a broken heart,
when came the parting hour.
Summer is lost.

3 comments:

Robert A Meacham said...

Whe ever the moron is posting, Ihave now blocked you from this site

Janet Caldwell said...

Good grief on the above person who is spamming you. This is lovely. x

Robert A Meacham said...

thank you Janet

Welcome

I would like to welcome all who visit me.


I am who I think I am
Not all you think you see
I am captain of my soul
Treading in the sea.

Robert A Meacham

Followers

Powered By Blogger

Home in Texas

Home in Texas

About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
Creative writing has always been a passion with me. I currently write short stories for the amazon shorts program and have two projects in the works, mystery novels. My family is my inspiration.