Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Pretending

I could pretend you’re still here,
me listening to the beat
of your heart while you sleep.
Inhale the scent of your body
As I lay next to you,
pretending.

I could pretend hearing your voice,
Telling me that you love me,
Catch your eyes in the mirror
Flirting with me while I watch
As you dress and I sit
pretending.

I could pretend holding you,
Embracing your hurt away,
Drying your tears with a kiss,
Sweep your hair from your face
As you look at me,
pretending.

I could pretend and not live the truth
The truth is you were temporary;
like signature in the sand
erased by ocean's tide,
or autumn wind that carried you away
like golden leaves in flight.

I could lend pretending for faith
on whose wings your soul
has risen beyond the sky
And waiting patiently
my selfish heart beats
pretending.

2 comments:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Oh, this is so sad. I can feel the emotion. I love your descriptions, especially the signature in the sand part.

Robert A Meacham said...

Lady Glamis,
It is nice to here from you again and thank you so much for the kind comments.

Welcome

I would like to welcome all who visit me.


I am who I think I am
Not all you think you see
I am captain of my soul
Treading in the sea.

Robert A Meacham

Followers

Powered By Blogger

Home in Texas

Home in Texas

About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
Creative writing has always been a passion with me. I currently write short stories for the amazon shorts program and have two projects in the works, mystery novels. My family is my inspiration.